- Use & development of conceptual models, semantics-based methods and techniques to enable the alignment between business and IT level.
- Exploitation of human-oriented and machine-oriented knowledge via conceptual modelling, conceptual analytics, semantic inferencing and process mining.
- Mapping of business episodes to deployable solutions called bundles which wrap existing services or components and can be self-adaptively deployed in multi-cloud environments.
- Semantic transformation employing concept matching techniques that address the data integration concerns inherent in the construction of workflows from heterogeneous services offered by cloud providers. Interaction between cloud services will be approached by elaborating on cloud service interfaces, wrappers and cloud service add-ons.
- Discovery of services at different levels of abstraction, including BPaaS, SaaS, PaaS and IaaS services so as to complete the design of BPaaS by also exploiting semantic annotation and matching techniques to automate parts of the design processes, provide significant assistance to the designer as well as accelerate the development cycle of BPaaS.
- CloudSocket will expand the cloud lifecycle management functionality produced in related European projects for managing the complex orchestration of different types of services in multi-cloud scenarios.
- Exploitation of existing methods as well as developing new approaches for multi-cloud and cross-layer monitoring and adaptation.
Understand, elaborate and further disseminate the BPaaS concept